B2C vs. B2B social media, short-form content, trends for 2021, and more!
Three Research-Backed Tips to Get Personalization Right
- Make sure to have a compelling message about your product/service. A personalization campaign will fall short if it is not accompanied by one.
- Look for unexpected ways to connect with your audience and choose the ones that are most relevant to them by taking their age, gender, and other characteristics that are very central to their identity into consideration.
- Be considerate with your knowledge. Consumers are broadly aware that their online data is being tracked but they can react negatively when messages are too closely based on their transaction history.
Strengthen Short-Form Content for the Win
People are streaming cooking, comedy, DIY and crafting videos to fill up those extra hours during the day that are no longer spent commuting to work or going out with friends. Short-form content, which is defined by videos that are less than 10 minutes long, has proven to be an effective mood booster and digital distraction.
#FunFact: According to a study by media company TheSoul Publishing, 69% of US consumers spend 30 minutes to three hours watching these videos each day.
Need help with video content? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#FGF Story | Students create thank you video for beloved professor
A group of students from Abilene Christian University surprised their professor with a heartwarming thank you message. The video already has over 2 million views on TikTok!
How does B2C Social Media Differ from B2B?
Social media initiatives for B2C vs. B2B businesses necessitate a different approach from developing objectives to then determining content marketing and social media channels to leverage.
The three most important differences between B2C and B2B social media include:
- Content: Emotions vs. Facts | B2C companies should focus on an emotional and entertaining approach aligned to the personal interests of their target group. B2B content should include the B2C elements as well as facts and statistics.
- Community Management in Social Networks | Use visual and interactive content to reach B2C target audiences on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Those channels are also useful for B2B companies to drive general awareness, however LinkedIn is the most suitable to stimulate discussion and interaction, and encourage customer loyalty.
- Different Objectives | B2C: Focus on creating a positive perception of the brand as the top objective. B2B: Focus on increasing web traffic and lead generation.
Twitter Canada revealed their picks for the best campaigns of 2020. Watch the recap!
10 Social Media Trends to Guide Your Online Strategy in 2021
Social Media Monitor shared some social media marketing trends to take advantage of in 2021. Here’s a quick summary:
- Gaming, YouTube and home-based niches like décor and DIY
- The popularity of niche platforms
- Social commerce is the future
- Video usage in social commerce
- Social media stories
- Social media as a discovery engine
- Mobile messaging apps
- Customer service offered through social media
Need help with your 2021 social media plan? Contact us at email@example.com.
PROJEX® by pop-up go
While pop-up go is dedicated to executing brick-and-mortar activations successfully, our team has developed a complete digital program called projeX® to assist brands in creating online experiences with the same goals in mind. Interested in being one of the first brands on projeX? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to pop-up during the holidays? Let us help you find the perfect space!
Contact us at email@example.com.
The State of Fashion 2021 Report | Finding Promise in Perilous Times
2020 was the year in which everything changed and for the new year, there is no simple, standardised playbook, instead, fashion companies must tailor their strategies to fit their individual priorities, market and capabilities. The key principles to manage change will be flexibility and agility, alongside operational logistics. Check out The Business of Fashion’s overview for 2021.
Congratulations to Rocky Mountain Bison Company who recently launched their first pop-up and selected Calgary’s CrossIron Mills. This was a great collaborative effort led by pop-up go and onsite support from the CrossIron Mills team. A very cool (pun intended) transformation from kiosk to a convenient freezer filled with delicious bison just in time for the Holidays! If you’re in the area, stop by the Rocky Mountain Bison Company located near the food court (entrance door #5) and pick up something for your family and friends. Hand sanitizer provided!
Brands Searching for Spaces
A sustainable shoe manufacturer is looking for 500-1,000 sq. ft. space in the Santa Monica, Abbot Kinney and Venice Beach areas for February and March.
A local coffee roaster is looking for 800-1,000 sq. ft. space in central Calgary for winter 2020/21.
A tween/teen fashion brand is looking for a 1,000 sq. ft. space in Maryland’s Bethesda area for a 5-day pop-up at the end of March.
Searching for a large Toronto space, 24,000 sq. ft. with 30 ft. clearance, for a 4-month period starting March 2021 for a digital cultural activation.
A beauty, cosmetic, personal care brand is searching for 10,000 sq. ft. in Calgary.
A colab of ceramic artists is looking for a new venue for their annual spring sale in Toronto’s Ossington area.
A Toronto fitness center is looking for an outdoor space in the Forest Hill, Rosedale neighborhoods, or nearby.
A DIY retailer is looking for a 5,000+ sq. ft. location in and around Surrey, BC.
Let us know if you have a space that fits the bill, and we can bring your vacancy to life with this exciting pop-up activation! If you’re a match contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pop-Ups in Action
Read about recent and upcoming pop-ups that we love.
City Lounge in Milwaukee is hosting a pop-up bar experience called “Fra Gee Lay” that combines Christmas movie settings into one.
Baltimore-based Underground Pizza Company is bringing its Detroit-style pies across Maryland through a series of pop-up activations.
The Downtown Timmins Business Improvement Association is hosting a weekly pop-up shop.
The Hard Rock Café has opened a pop-up shop at Hamburg Airport offering merchandise from the popular brand.