Predictions 2021, Social Commerce, Weighted Blankets, #ClientNews and more!
“Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity, it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.”
– William Faulkner
Wishing our American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Accelerating into 2021
In 2020, the impossible happened over and over. Here’s how to stay on top of the new year, guided by Forrester’s predictions for 2021.
- AI, VR, etc. Consumers are compelled toward escapism with extended reality.
- Marketing. To drive customer retention, CX (customer experience) and loyalty programs.
- Remote workplace. Expected to grow 300% vs. pre-COVID levels, resulting in increased spending on WFH technology, security, workplace AI and more.
- Incorporate digital channels in B2B marketing. Adopt and optimize new digital tactics throughout the buying cycle.
- Cloud computing. Continues to be essential to the world’s economy and workforce, with an estimated market growth of 35% to $120B in 2021.
Shifting Behaviors – What’s been booming this year?
- Time spent on digital: Smartphones, Digital video, Messaging apps
- User Adoption Rate: TikTok, Health & Fitness apps, and Mobile Proximity Payments are up
- Ecommerce, specifically in the following industries – Food & Beverage, Consumer Electronics, Furniture/Home Furnishings and Click and Collect
Source: Insider Intelligence, November 2020.
Colors 2021 #ShehlaSays
Meet Shehla (pronounced Shell-a), Zenergy’s Art Director. With her international design experience, we asked Shehla to provide insights into 2021 color trends from around the globe, and here’s what she had to say: “We’ll see more natural colors like champagne, gold and green tones, with certain countries using more vibrant iterations than others.”
Want to stay ahead of the curve? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#FGF Story: Farewell to Work Holiday Parties
Miller Lite has launched a new campaign touting: One good thing to come out of 2020? The end of work holiday parties.
#ProTip: B2B + Influencers
- Conduct extensive research to align with the right influencers.
- Create collaborative, authentic and useful content.
- Use social listening to adapt messaging.
87% of e-commerce shoppers believe social media helps them make a shopping decision. Source: Smart Insights
Shoppable Facebook Livestream – Anne Klein Goes Live
Facebook launched its in-app livestreaming shopping feature with the first of Anne Klein’s four-part ‘Celebrate the Holidays’ series featuring limited-time promotions from its collection that can be purchased during the event. #socialcommerce
Instagram Insights – The best time to post
By analyzing thousands of posts, Planoly is sharing their finds on the best times for brands to post Instagram content in various time zones and highlighted cities to yield maximum engagement. Here are their findings by time zone:
- Pacific: Mondays at 8 PM
- Central: Mondays at 4 PM and 7 PM
- Eastern: Mondays at 8 AM and 2 PM
Check out the best times to post in your city. #socialmedia #instagram
Need help with your social media management? Contact us at email@example.com.
LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Voices
LinkedIn’s Top Voices for 2020 were identified via sharing activity analysis and refined by the platform’s editors. The top three voices overall are, respectively, Melinda Gates, “Shark Tank” co-host Daymond John and research professor Brene Brown. #linkedin
#ProTip: Maximize your Holiday Campaigns
Boost the effectiveness of holiday promotions by offering early VIP deals, discounted product bundles, incentives for increased purchasing, hourly deals and special promotions for those who miss popular Thanksgiving or holiday sales.
#ClientNews: Second Nature Boutique
Second Nature Boutique, opened a pop-up shop at Bayview Village on November 14, and the pop-up go team provided an end-to-end solution including store design consultation and visual merchandising. Second Nature Boutique has been making fashion fun and affordable in Toronto for over 40 years by reselling authentic designer clothing and accessories.
PROJEX® by pop-up go
While pop-up go is dedicated to executing brick-and-mortar activations successfully, our team has developed a complete digital program called projeX® to assist brands in creating online experiences with the same goals in mind. Interested in being one of the first brands on projeX? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to pop-up during the holidays? Let us help you find the perfect space!
Contact us at email@example.com.
3 Ways Fashion Pop-Ups Can Adapt to a COVID-19 Holiday Season
- Be Innovative. A pop-up offers the ability to meet new consumer demands and can set them apart from the competition.
- Offer Omnichannel Access. Compliment an online shop with social commerce and a brick and mortar pop-up allowing you to reach consumers across all channels.
- Get with the Times. Millennials and Gen Z have strong preferences for brands that promote the causes they care about. A pop-up can offer brands the opportunity to temporarily align with causes.
#TrendAlert: Weighted Blankets
Reported to lower anxiety in numerous studies, weighted blankets have become a pandemic must have! So much so, that Pizza Hut created a limited-edition “Original Pan Weighted Blanket” that is a round anti-anxiety gravity blank that looks like a pizza. The social campaign promotes that it “Comforts like a pizza, soothes like a Gravity Blanket.”
Pop-Ups in Action
Read about recent and upcoming pop-ups that we love.
Pop-up shop brings fresh and affordable produce to a neighborhood in Chicago.
Christian Dior uses pop-up to launch the brand’s latest beauty innovation, Dior Capture Totale Super Potent Serum.
“Kidpreneur Pop-up Shop” features the next generation of business owners.
Aritzia opens 9,500-square-foot Super Puff pop-up shop in SoHo.
Paperdolls Boutique bets on brick and mortar pop-up shop this holiday season.
Pop-up toy store helps BC families in need put gifts under Christmas tree.