#FGF: Corn-based jet fuel, sustainable media, snow is not white, and more!
Volume 2, Edition 92
Top Five Social Media Influencers in Nine Industries
- Chiara Ferragni: Fashion blogger and entrepreneur. Instagram Facebook
- Camila Coelho: Fashion designer and entrepreneur. Instagram YouTube
- Olivia Palermo: Fashion entrepreneur. Instagram Facebook
- Negin Mirsalehi: Fashion and lifestyle vlogger and entrepreneur. Instagram YouTube
- Mariano Di Vaio: Fashion blogger and designer. Instagram YouTube
- Jamie Oliver: Chef, restaurateur and TV host. Facebook Instagram
- Rosanna Pansino: Baker and food vlogger. YouTube Instagram
- Andrew Rea (Binging with Babish): Food/cooking vlogger. YouTube Instagram
- Jun Yoshizuki (Juns Kitchen): Food/cooking vlogger. YouTube Instagram
- Laura Vitale (Laura in the Kitchen): Food/cooking vlogger. YouTube Facebook
- Mark Fischbach (Markiplier): Gaming and entertainment vlogger. YouTube Instagram
- Lia Shelesh (SSSniperWolf): Gaming vlogger. YouTube Instagram
- Seán William McLoughlin (Jacksepticeye): Gaming and comedy vlogger. YouTube Instagram
- Evan Fong (VanossGaming): Gaming vlogger. YouTube Instagram
- Daniel Middleton (DanTDM): Professional gamer and gaming vlogger. YouTube Instagram
Managing Social Media Over the Holidays
- Keep your audience up to date on current offers, events, and, most importantly, your holiday hours.
- Schedule posts to ensure that your brand keeps a social presence over the holidays.
- Start a holiday competition on social as they can generate a great deal of engagement. Caption contests are a very easy way to engage your followers.
- Include holiday hashtags. Read an article on their importance here.
- Update your social media cover photos to include a festive feel.
- Give your audience offers that can include discounts but keep in mind that you’ll get noticed by your target audience by sharing tips.
- Support charities and highlight the efforts that you and your employees are making to show the human side of your company.
Attending NRF in NYC January 16-18, 2022?
Book a meeting with us!
What We’re Reading
#FGFStory: Real-Life Puss in Boots
#IdeasInAction: Ideas we Love
New global research from Microsoft Advertising, “The Rise of Sustainable Media”, shows that over the next 12 months, 59% of consumers worldwide intend to start boycotting brands who don’t take action on climate change. There is also almost unanimous support for companies to not only do the right thing for the planet, but to also to ‘show by example’. 91% of people want brands to demonstrate they are making positive choices about the planet and environment more explicitly – in everything they do.
- Within a year, 3 out of 5 people will start to boycott brands who don’t act on climate change
- Almost half of consumers prepared to switch brands and services for greener alternatives
- 3 in 10 people are willing to pay more for greener alternatives of products and services
Took a photo that you are proud of?
#FunFact: Snow is not white!
It typically appears white because visible light is white. Frozen water particles are translucent, but the sunlight’s reflection gives snow its white appearance.